- After the first two weeks in May, I am always officially sick of myself. With my birthday, our anniversary and Mother’s Day all celebrated in a two week span it’s a lot of attention and spoiling and it’s always extremely humbling to be loved so well. We had a birthday supper at my parents’ and the kids put on a show for all of us. They made a banner and made the sweetest cards…
Oh, Belle-Belle, I have loved you since BEFORE the day you were born, and I will love you FOREVER, too.
- Other May babies in our family are Pappy & Parker. Their birthdays are just one day apart. We celebrated Parker at his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party. Two nights later, we celebrated Pappy with birthday dinner, too. Family dinners have always been loud, but we’ve taken the chaos to a new high over the last few years with the addition of our littles loves and we wouldn’t change a thing about it. What a fun season of life this is.
- Q & U always get married in Kindergarten at JBE, and this year was no exception.I’ve made the wedding cake for the event since AB was in Kindergarten and I was thrilled to be asked again this year. Tucker and I delivered and set up the cake before all of the festivities in our jammies (HIM, not ME!) and sans make-up (ME, not him), and snuck in some selfies in the photo booth before we left.
- We were headed to the grocery store one afternoon and Mamie gets out of the car wearing this…and seriously wanted to leave it on. A few years and a couple kids ago, I would have probably made her take it off, but I’m way too seasoned for that now, and totally let her. ;)
- AB LOVES having cows in front of our house. She rides her bike down the driveway and loves when they all take off running. She also like riding in the field and seeing just how close she can get to them.
- The Cattle Company built a new packing shed to pack and ship watermelons straight from the farm this year. Before the season began, we planned a little “barn blessing” to break it in and invited all of the family. Quite a few had other things going on or were out of town, but we still had quite a crowd and it was a really sweet night.