A few random things about our weekend & lately –
I took pictures off my cell phone and memory card and came across a few of these…
- My Dad came home on Thursday from a work trip. He had been gone for a whole month! We’re so glad he’s back! AB was excited that we got to ride with Grammy to the airport to pick him up. On our way in, we saw a plane overhead and AB said, “Look! It’s Pop! That’s pop!” Then she leaned over to Maybree and whispered, “It’s Pop, Mamie! It’s really Pop!” She welcomed him home with a sign at the airport.
- We stayed home all weekend long. I love lazy weekends. My parents came over Saturday afternoon and we had boiled peanuts, grilled out, rode the 4 wheelers and had homemade ice cream. It’s feeling like summer around here! I laughed because DW & AB both had their “cowboots” on with shorts. :)
- Mamie girl got her first taste of rice cereal on Saturday night! My Mom gave all of my babies their first baths and their first rice cereal, so I guess it’s tradition. :) Mamie LOVED it and did so well with her first solids.
- We’ve been trying to eat supper one night a week with my Granny. Momma cooks something and we all go visit and eat with Granny. It’s been sweet and AB loves to go. Her favorite thing is playing ball with Great-Granny.
- She is starting to want to drop her afternoon naps. She fights it hard some days and other days she goes and lays right down. Most days she lays down for a little bit, then plays then lays back down and goes to sleep. One afternoon last week, I checked on her during nap time to find that she had gotten out of bed, put a princess dress on and then fell asleep in her big chair.
- Several weeks ago, I was in the sunroom working on Easter party stuff, when a big skink came in from the garage and chased me all over the room. I chased him, then he chased me. I tried to shoo him out with the broom, but nothing worked. He ran behind one of my curtains and then CLIMBED up the back side of it! A couple of minutes later I saw his sneaky little head poke out of the top. I tried to scare him down, but I was the one who was scared- scared he would jump on my head! I didn’t know they could climb, so I was a little freaked out. After fighting the thing for 30 minutes, I had to call my MIL to come help me! Nie-Nie saved the day and didn’t even laugh at me.
- One evening last week, AB had a little accident on her scooter. She ended up with a skinned knee, but you would have thought it was a broken leg. She wailed and screamed and cried and told us how bad it hurt at least 150 times every ten minutes. She insisted on laying on mine & DW’s bed to watch some TV, and even asked her Daddy to “sit wif me for a while” – when he went to sit on the side of the bed, she said, “NO! Daddy- in dat chair over dere…pull it up beside the bed.” She was SOMETHING. She had me bring her sister in the room so she could tell her about it. Mamie was allowed to lay on the bed beside her and AB had to recount the entire accident for her and started the story out like this: “I’s got a boo-boo Mamie-girl. A very, very bad boo boo.” Every few minutes, she would let out a fake cry or whimper. I know it did hurt, but she was so over the top. It was hilarious. She told us she couldn’t walk on it, so we had to carry her around for the rest of the night. The next morning, I was starting to think she might have really hurt something when she was still saying she couldn’t walk on it and telling me how bad it hurt…UNTIL mid-morning when she decided laying on the couch was no fun and she hobbled into the playroom only to come back running---when she remembered her boo-boo she started limping again, except on the WRONG leg. Ha. She’s too much. Her band aid fell off in her bed during nap time and she cried about that, too. When I offered to get her another, she said, “No, I don’t need one. I just miss my first one.” We don’t lack for drama (or laughter) around our house. :)
- I love this picture of AB & Mames asleep in the car, holding hands. :)
- Big sister sure loves her Baby Sister. AND her baby sister’s clothes. She’s always sneaking into Maybree’s room and squeezing into her tiny clothes. When 13 year old Maybree wants to borrow 16 year old Annabelle’s clothes and she says no, I’m going to remind her of this. :)
AB thinks if she gets it on, it fits. The funniest is when she comes out sporting a onsie.
- I made this fun dip a while back from a recipe I got off Pinterest.
It said to serve it with graham cracker sticks, but I couldn’t find those- the closest thing was “Scooby Snacks” graham crackers, so that’s why they are shaped like dog bones. :) It was good, but even better with cold green apple slices dipped in it. Yum.
Monster Cookie Dough Dip
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Oats (regular or quick)
1 Cup Miniature Plain M&Ms
1 Cup Miniature Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips