Maybe part of the reason, is because if it's November 10th, then that means that our baby girl turned 11 months old yesterday. 11 months. As in, ONE month away from being one year old.
at 11 months old, you:
- are still crawling, but you now pull up on EVERYTHING
- have taken a few steps while holding onto something (the first time was 2 weeks ago while staying with Grammy & Pop, whom of course took you to get a 'prize' to celebrate such a milestone!)
- love to explore...you crawl all over our house all day long! Your favorite places to "explore" are in the pantry, in your big brother's room, and at the front door (you love looking out the glass), oh and in Daddy & Momma's bathroom. I keep the door closed so you can't get in there! I think it's the pink tub that calls to you... Ha..)
- love to climb.
- love to climb.
- still put everything in your mouth. (these last 2 make me wonder sometimes if you are part goat).
- are very social. You love for people to talk to you. You smile and wave and laugh when given the slightest attention...and when it's someone we don't know, you are still sweet, but act a little shy, too. It's SO cute! You get very excited and say, "HEEEEEY" when you recognize a picture of someone, of if you pick up a toy that you like.
- are on a pretty set routine. You go to be around 9:00 and you sleep until around 8:30 the next morning.
- still take 2 naps a day. A short morning nap and a long afternoon one. You love your silky and your bed.
- are down to only having 2 bottles a day. One in the morning and one at night.
- are a great eater. You have protested baby food all together and so last week I bought it for the last time for you. You love table food.... you eat whatever we eat and you think it's the greatest thing ever to feed yourself. Sunday night at Grammy's house we let you have a spoon with some potatoes on it and you did so well feeding yourself with it. Your favorite foods right now are cheese, turkey, peas, beans, and still YoBaby yogurt.
- have finally mastered the sippy cup! You're a pro and you love it when you get a little juice mixed in it!
- are quite the Daddy's girl. When you were a tiny baby you were a Momma's girl, all the way. Nobody could put you to sleep or calm you down like me. But right now, you are crazy about your Daddy! You love it when you hear the door open when he comes home for lunch and you cry when he leaves us to go back to work. When he walks by, you throw your arms up and reach out for him to take you, no matter who's holding you. He's pretty 'over-the-moon' for you, too.
- are such a happy girl! I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has asked us if you are "always this happy?"
- are so silly, too! You love to laugh and to be chased and tickled. You love it when we echo you.
- love music and you always dance (bob your head) when you hear it... and you don't discriminate in your choices of dance music--- you don't mind if it's The ABC song on your LeapFrog, music on the radio, or hymns at church... when you hear a beat, that's all it takes...
- play peek-a-boo and it's precious.