Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Painting, Painting, Painting...

I've started a few painting projects around the house, which would explain why a couple of the rooms around here look like a tornado hit them. Well, I guess you could say a tornado did hit them if you consider the damage that one 13 month old little girl can do!


Here's one of our recently COMPLETED projects...(we're hoping for some more "completed" things soon! Instead of all this half-done stuff! I swear if you came to our house right now, you'd diagnose me yourself as having A.D.D. I start one thing, then another, then another...that'd be great if I actually FINISHED the one thing before moving on to another! It's starting to take over not only my story-telling abilities, but also our house... I'm admitting the problem though, and "they" (whoever "they" is) says that's the first step, right?!?!?

Annabelle's Grandma (DW's Mom) gave her this baby doll cradle for Christmas.
She had intended to paint it, but didn't get a chance before the holidays.




Why, yes, that is BLUE carpet in our garage! It's actually the carpet that came OUT of Annabelle's nursery! I don't really know why we put it in there, but I think it was to help keep dirt out of the house? Is that right, honey??? All I know is that when we had to move part of AB's birthday party into the garage, that carpet came OUT! But when the party was over, it came back IN. I guess you can probably guess who likes it there and who doesn't! BUT, I know if he likes it there, there's a good reason, so I'm good with it, as long as we're not having "big" company! Ha...




So, I painted the cradle white a few weeks ago, then added a pink circle, and Belle's monogram on one end. I think it turned out so cute, and love the way the monogram turned out... I don't know why the colors in the picture are kind of weird... I tried to fix them in Photoshop, but that's about like me trying to use our big camera... I REALLY don't have a clue what I'm doing... I just push buttons and sometimes it turns out and sometimes it doesn't. Well, this time was a "doesn't".... but besides the colors being off, you get the idea!

Look who thinks SHE belongs in the doll cradle instead of her Abby doll! She loves crawling in and out and rocking in it... and giving DW and I mini-heart attacks...

Even baby Willie had to take a turn testing it out! "Little Momma" had to see about the baby and offer him a paci and bottle.. ha...
Our biggest project lately has been tackling our laundry room. I cannot wait to finish the cabinet update! I am so excited to see how they turn out! If it's as good as I'm hoping, I'll share soon! If not, then if you come to my house, you may have to start using the front entrance instead of through the garage... Ha... I'll keep yall posted!!!
~amw~

8 comments:

Katie said...

That is so cute! I love the monogram at the end! SO SWEET! How did I know that she would be in it before I even saw the pictures of her in it... haha!

Mallory said...

Great job with the cradle! That looks awesome!! :) She's a doll too, being a little Mommy!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

HA! I love that--using the other entrance...we used to do that with our laundry room too--oohhh that door doesn't work! woops :) AB looks like a baby doll--too sweet.

Katie said...

love the monogram! grandma got a pretty good find, it turned out amazing!

Lauren said...

I love her momogram! Did you just put the monogram on because I don't remember it? Did you use a cricut cut out to do it?

Lyndsay said...

Love little Willie in their being Mommied by Annabelle! It turned out really cute. Can't wait to see the laundry room, I need to steal some ideas for mine!!!

Carrie said...

Annie!!! Belle's cradle turned out sooooo cute. I am glad you got to paint it yourself. It looks perfect in her room and I love that she's wanting to be Willie's second momma in that picture!! What a sweet cousin she is. I can't wait to see your laundry area revamp!

Seriously, my Ethan Allen couch belonged to Uncle C??? Well, huh...

kim said...

cute my little girl has one of those w/ a hideous paint job & I think it even has ducks on it :)
I think I'm going to have to repaint ours now that I've seen this one! great job!