Thursday, February 23, 2017

Georgians….

Part of my heart truly lives in Georgia. Not only does my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephews live there, but so have some of my aunts, uncles and cousins, all of my life.

When any of the Georgia crew comes to visit it’s always a treat!

This was Ben’s first trip to Florida and I think he was a fan. He got out of the car and went straight for Mamie. IMG_5775She declared he LOVED her, and from then on, she was in his face the whole trip. ;)

On Friday my mom and my three aunts went over to help another sweet aunt (who’s battling cancer right now) with some house projects. Tettie and the boys hung with us and we ran errands and had lunch. Turns out Mamie wasn’t the only one Ben loved. IMG_5783He started smiling at the grocery store cashier and she too, also declared he LOVED her. She went on and on and kept making funny noises to get him to smile. IMG_5786It was hilarious, but after several minutes of it, got sort of creepy.

Parker came by that afternoon and played with the boys. IMG_5810IMG_5819

On Saturday, I had to set up for the schools foundation Gala and that night, we attended it. Steph joined us and it was fun having her there. IMG_5851I was the Gala chairperson this year and we had a Congressmen come as our guest speaker. Three times during his speech as he thanked the foundation and those who helped, etc., he referred to me as “Amy Whitehurst.” Stephanie and I got so tickled over it. I was trying hard not to have a Granny-moment though and bust out laughing at an inappropriate time.

On Sunday, Steph’s crew headed back to Georgia, but Aunt Kay and the two grandsons she brought along, stayed for another couple days.

On Monday, we took the boys to Silver Springs to let them kayak the Silver river. IMG_5859We’d hoped they’d see the monkeys or something fun. IMG_5875We rode the glass bottom boat, too, while we were at the park. IMG_5897

Every night the boys were here, they wanted DW to take them riding in the woods. He loved having an excuse to ride around, too, I’m sure.

The visits are always short and never often enough. That’s what makes them special, I guess.

~amw~ 

No comments: