Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Birthdays...

Yesterday was Annabelle's 2 month birthday, but I didn't get around to doing a post until now! I could say that I was oh-so busy with her, the house and everything else, but really, I just didn't do it, so no sense in making excuses!

Anyway, it's hard to believe that it's already been two months since our sweet girl made her grand entrance into our lives. She has grown and changed so much since December 9th!

At her 8 week well-check visit, she weighed 9 lbs, 14 oz and is 22 inches long. (At birth she was 6 lbs 4 oz and 19 1/2 inches). She's doing new things everyday. Today, she was laying in her crib, and I decided to try to capture some of her new "skills" on camera... Here's what we came up with... (let me warn you now, there isn't a bow on her head... I know, I know, these will be the second set of pictures I have posted on my blog with her bow-less, and for some it will be hard to recognize her without her signature 'do...ha... hopefully she wont be too mad at me for posting them! It's proof that I don't keep a bow on her head all day while we're at home...although I am guilty of putting one on her sometimes just before her daddy comes home!

She's developed her "social" smile. She smiles when she recognizes voices and faces and even smiles back at you when you smile at her.


Her neck muscles are getting stronger everyday, and she's starting to support it really good on her own! (We have several tummy-time sessions everyday for "strength training"!) :)

She's discovered her hands. Its so sweet to see them folded together or to hear her chewing on them! Adorable!!!
She's also started "talking"... and what a sweet voice she has...
According to all my books and research she is right on track with what she's suppose to be doing at this age! (And believe me, I check... probably too much!)

She's eating about every 3 hours and has a long stretch of 5-6 hours at night. She's a dream baby for sure...

And just for fun:
"Where's Annabelle?"
*hint: This time she DOES have a bow on! :)

Well, I typed all that before dinner. So I have more to add... We've got several birthdays in our family this week!... Annabelle's 2 month was yesterday and her Uncle Adam's was today. And her Grammy's is on Sunday!

Tonight for dinner we all gathered at "Pappy & Granny's" (my in-laws) house for Uncle Adam's birthday. Pappy grilled steaks and of course, they were excellent. Here's a picture of Adam with Belle... notice her bib (it says "I love my Uncle"....don't worry, Beau, she'll wear it next time she sees you, too!) :)

Since it is Adam's birthday, I have to say something nice about him.... He is very much like a brother to me...We fuss and pick on each other just like a real brother and sister---I know he'd do anything for me, and he knows I'd do the same for him....Devin will tell you very quickly that his very best friends are his Daddy, his brothers, and my dad, too! I love that... I think it speaks volumes of the kind of people they are and I am thankful that Devin has such a friend as his brother. Adam is just as special to me. We've been close since Devin and I started dating and we've been through quite a lot together...we've had happy times, sad times, good times and bad, and everything in between! He's a wonderful brother to Devin, the best brother-in-law ever to me, and such a sweet Uncle to our Annabelle. (He & Aunt Lauren spoil her just a little)... Happy Birthday to our Adam...I know the next 25 will be even better than the first!

~annie~


5 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

where's the picture of her and Adam?

Carrie said...

I can't believe Annabelle is already 2 months old! Wow. Time is flying too fast. She has changed so much, Annie. Her little grins are sooo cute. I don't know what you're talking about...I see a good bit of hair on her little head. My favorite picture is the "Where's Belle?" shot. Too cute. Looking forward to seeing you girls in the morning!

Crystal said...

I actually almost got myself in trouble the other night at work by reading this and Aunt B's about the undies...but I HAD to show some of my co-workers the "Where's Belle" pic. That was so cute! We were cracking up!! What a neat idea! As always, she's too cute!

Marla Taviano said...

Hi, Annie. I have to leave in just a minute for my daughter's V-day party at school, but I wanted to let you know I got your letter just now and read every single word. I fought the tears, because I don't want all the 1st graders asking me what's wrong. :)

Your words touched me in a HUGE way. And praise the Lord for using my words to touch you.

I'll be praying for you today, friend!!

xoxoxo
Marla

Aunt B said...

Belle looks just like you did as a baby....she is so very cute and that sweet smile melts your heart. I can't believe it as been 2 months. It is amazing how quickly time passes.
Love you,
Aunt B