Monday, April 27, 2009

Meetings & Greetings...

On Thursday afternoon, we headed up to Northeast Georgia to see our new nephew, Garrett! What a doll, is all that can be said. He is such a sweet baby, with a head full of jet black hair! Oooh, he's got some good hair! I'd have liked to try one of Belle's hairbows on him, but didn't think my brother would appreciate that too much. He is still in the newborn phase, so he sleeps most of time...except in the middle of the night! Those first few weeks are certainly the hardest, but looking back they don't last long enough...(I am sure Beau & Kristy would beg to differ on that right now).... holding Garrett this weekend made Devin and I both realize how big Annabelle is getting and confirmed that she's officially passed the newborn stage and is a full blown infant, growing as fast as she can toward toddlerhood. I need to take a deep breath at that thought... whew..

My brother and sister-in-law were sweet to let us come and hang out at their house and get our Garrett fill. I loved getting to hold him and breath in that newborn smell, and rub his soft hair on my cheeks. His big brother, Jackson, had the same hair, and I had to do the same thing to him when he was born.... something about that soft fuzzy hair gets me... ironically, my children were both born without fuzzy hair!?!?!?




I've been an Aunt for almost six years now. I became one instantly when I married Devin, who already had one precious niece and nephew. We've also got lots of cousins' sweet kids that call us "Aunt" and "Uncle", which I just love! I became an "instant Aunt" again to Dylan and Caroline when Beau married Kristy. But, four years ago when my nephew, Jackson, was born, was such a indescribable thing. I love all our nieces and nephews, but there's something different when it's your sibling's baby... It's the sweetest thing when you look in that newborn face and can see your brother.
I just can't describe it... Those feelings became new again this weekend when I saw Garrett. He's such a special baby, and I feel like he's the thread that connects their family. It's neat, that honestly he looks like ALL of them. One minute he'd look like Kristy or Beau, then I'd see Caroline or Dylan or Jackson in him... he's a little bit of all of them rolled into one! So sweet!Of course, they are all crazy about him! His big brothers and sister love showing him off and helping out. And his Daddy & Mommy rarely put him down...(thankfully, they did long enough for us to get to love on him!).

This weekend, we also got to meet my cousin's new baby boy, Bryson for the first time!

Bryson is a doll, too! How exciting that God keeps growing our family. Keep 'em coming, Lord! We love us some babies! (Not another for me quite, yet, though!) :)

On Saturday we enjoyed dinner down by the creek with a bunch of the family. It's always fun to get together at the creek... my Aunt's have the perfect set up behind their houses... a fire pit, screened in pavilion, swings, and a creek... just perfect...


Saturday night, we said our goodbyes and loved on Jackson and Garrett one more time.... and Sunday morning we headed home!

Jackson, Belle & Garrett

Look what we brought home with us...






Stephanie is staying the week with us and will fly back on Saturday. She was loving this Florida weather, so we ate dinner on our front porch on Sunday night...I can't believe she's really here! I am so excited to have her with us for the week! I am going to be sending her honey, a BIG thank you card!!!

~annie~

6 comments:

Hines House said...

Annie, take a deep breath girl. That Belle is bigger and cuter in every post. Isn't it amazing how they change over night? It looks like you had a wonderful trip. It is always nice to catch up with family. I will take your word on how great those niece and newphews are. I can't wait to have one.... but don't figure it will happen any time soon.

Carrie said...

Awww, this makes me even more excited about meeting Gus! Garrett is one handsome baby boy. I know they are so proud! I agree with you, he does have some sweet fuzzy hair.

Love that Stephanie is here. Can't wait to meet up with you girls for lunch--hopefully one day this week!

said...

what darling, precious photos!!

Kristy L. Morrison said...

I think I've looked at this page 10 times today alone! Telling you three bye Saturday night was extremely hard for Beau and I to do. We both wanted the weekend to not end! Spending time with all of you was so special and can't wait for June to get here. I love you guys so much and we truly miss you not being here (or us not being there). Keep the pictures coming-I will post the few pictures that I got too. I love you Annie

Aunt B said...

God gives as no sweeter gift than family.

I love that Beau and Kristy's family not only keeps growing in size but love as well. He is so lucky to have found a wife that is as precious as she is. I know GOD has really BIG plans for Beau. I can’t wait to see it unveil.

Amy said...

Dang! All this makes me wish I was there with ya'll...I found pictures of my senior year in FL when Gabe and I started to date, and we were doing some karoke and interprative dance of our own!! Those were the days!~ Belle is the most beautiful baby ever! Love you miss you...see you real soon!