Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Toast the Roast

Cheers to me & my roast!!!


I know I am probably a disgrace to the wonderful cooks from which I originated from, but I just recently made my first roast.



Growing up I HATED roast. My throat would do the gag reflex thing every time momma said we were having roast for a meal. YUCK. CARROTS & ONIONS cooked with my meat?!?!? EEECCCKKKK... I was a horribly picker eater and I don't know how my parents kept from giving me away. But since I didn't like roast, or so I thought, I've never cooked it since we've been married.



Well, guess who grew up over the past few years? My stubbornness has subsided (just don't ask my husband to testify to that one). Well, at least about trying new things....


I am so bad about cooking the SAME OLD stuff. So, I've recently been trying to mix it up a little bit.


Of course I had to document my first roast. Mainly for my Daddy, who isn't going to believe that I put carrots and onions in it, unless he sees it for himself! Look at all those carrots and onions! And mashed potatoes and homemade biscuits... YUM.....

Roast happens to be one of his faves, so I'll cook it for you one night, Dad!


Guess what else? I didn't start eating mashed potatoes until I was 18 years old! I know... Bless my heart...


~annie~

9 comments:

Mallory said...

I was full and the sight of that is making me hungry! Looks great...I can't believe you didn't eat mashed potatoes until you were 18!

Tania said...

That's great Annie. Just seeing the picture of all that food is making me hungry. I would love to know how you make your homemade biscuits. They look really good.

A Wedding Story said...

Yum, that looks really good. I love it when it just melts in your mouth. MMMM!

Heather said...

18 for mashed potatoes!?!? Girl, were you deprived or just refuse? ;) This meal looks insanely good, I wanted to come over for dinner just now! I love roast. One thing I hated growing up was grilled chicken, now I love it! I can't get enough of it!

Tamara Ann said...

I don't know exactly where ya'll live, but I know the general area...and if you keep posting pictures like that, I WILL find you! :) That looks so good Annie!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

Bless your heart indeed! WOW, that looks great :)

Becky said...

Boy, that looks so good and moist. Move over Paula Deen....

Katie said...

Looks like a magazine picture!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

GOOD GIRL!!!!