Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Things & I Phone Pics…

We had the busiest weekend that we’ve had in a long time. I’m catching up on everything around the house and trying to catch up on blogging, too… It’s hard to recap everything, but since this serves as the “scrapbook” for our family, I try. More on the busy weekend later…today its catching up the two weeks before…

- The Friday/Saturday after my birthday, I had yet another celebration. Carrie had told me to save the date for an overnight trip, but she didn’t tell me where we were going until a few days before when she sent me this… girls card 

On a related note, we’ve done so much celebrating me lately, that I am officially sick of myself. I feel like my poor family has had three solid weeks of “The Annie Show.” (Having a birthday, mother’s day and an anniversary all within two weeks of each other always humbles me big time. I am so undeserving of the wonderful family and friends I have!)

Back to the last 30th celebration -

Carrie and I started a tradition of an overnight trip when Katie turned 30. Then last year Katie and I planned one for Carrie, and so this year they planned mine. The girls planned a little getaway to Apalachicola. katie annie and carrieThey said they wanted a relaxed, yet coastal vibe for the trip and Apalachicola was perfect for that. 10

8We shopped, ate and slept. Three components of my idea of a great time. ImageWe laughed and talked and my favorite part may have been late Friday night watching “Say Yes to the Dress” while all piled on top of the King sized bed with our boxes of chocolates in our lap.photoI guess our next big milestone birthdays will be 40. We’d might better make those trips two-night getaways. Thank you friends for such a fun celebration!

___________________________________________________________

- Mother’s Day… This year, the whole day, the song “Blessed Be Your Name” kept playing over and over in my head.

“You give and take away. You give and take away. My heart will CHOOSE to say Blessed Be Your name” 

It’s always a hard day, but a sweet one, too. A picnic in the park and frozen yogurt afterward were highlights. 2

I am so thankful for the son who called me “my momma” ca– and the daughters who call me “Momma,” too…ama (even though the oldest one has started calling me “Mother Gothel” (Tangled’s wicked mother) sometimes now when I ask her to pick up her toys. :)

Mother’s Day is not one of my favorite days… But I do know that I was blessed with the best Mom and the best grandmother19

DSC_5134

----- and if I, myself, am any kind of good mother, I owe it to them and their example.

___________________________________________________________

-  Mamie loves riding up our drive way and seeing the cows. She immediately starts “MOOOOOing” from the backseat EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. It’s adorable. She loves it when I roll the windows down and drive by real slow. 4

- Speaking of the cows… the ones in front of our house are having babies left and right! & to me, there’s nothing sweeter than BABIES!!!! (of ANY kind!) :)  The girls and I were headed out one day last week and one of the mama cows had just had her calf (and she had it right by the drive way, so it was perfect for an up close look)  It was the sweetest thing. 1It made me laugh how all the other cows were standing around them. It looked just like the waiting room at North Florida when my babies were all born. We are so THOSE PEOPLE… You know the ones who bring the Chick-fil-a party tray and 15 people to the waiting room. I did feel bad, though, for the new mama cow because she had poop all over her back (and to make it worse, due to the poop’s location up by her front legs, it was obviously not her own). I hated that all the other cows had to see her in such a mess…which reminded me of when AB was born and I was in recovery from my c-section. I was SO OUT OF IT and still a little loopy. It was just me and my friend Crystal, who was the nurse monitoring me during that hour of recovery, which is where I heard this story, since I don’t remember any of it! :) As it goes, I kept dozing in and out and one time I looked up to see a sample cup of my “tee-tee” just hanging out on the TV stand. Apparently, I looked at her with the most serious look and said, “Crystal, I’m going to need you to do me a little favor and go put that tee-tee somewhere else…because my Daddy and my father-in-law will be coming in here any minute and I’d just have to lay here and die if they saw that.” That poor cow didn’t have a friend to help her out but thankfully I did. Those cute baby calves make my day every time I pull up the drive way and they even make dodging cow poop worth it.

___________________________________________________________

- Sweet sisters watching TV one morning last week…6

___________________________________________________________

- Precious…5Some of my most favorite pictures of my kids are when they’re sleeping. I could EAT.HER.UP.

___________________________________________________________

- Fantastic news! I came across this flavor Haagen Dazs ice cream and thought I’d give it a try. It tastes exactly like the ice cream I feel in love with in the Disney Cruise! It’s so yummy and tastes like summer in a bowl.

15

___________________________________________________________

- Miss Expressive has so many faces…but she changes them so often that it’s hard to catch them on camera. 3

___________________________________________________________

Hoping to catch up on everything else soon! :)

~amw~

2 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

wow! What a busy busy month! It looks like a great girls trip for your bday and as always, the girls are just precious.

Carrie said...

Loving Mamie's moo face :)