Wednesday, April 13, 2016

4H County Events

 

I was so proud of our club and the six participants we had in this year’s county events.IMG_3613

Of course, I was most proud, of my big girl! IMG_3608

Three generations of Levy 4Hers

Annabelle did a fantastic job giving her illustrated talk on Levy County Watermelons. IMG_3506She worked hard (the night before…because like mother-like daughter) on her display board. I cut out letters for her on the Silhouette and she glued them down. She cut and colored the bees and watermelons and it all turned out so cute.

My parents came over to hear her practice her speech that morning, and we all agreed, she’s amazing. Grammy took her afterward, to get clothes so she’d be in 4H official dress. I was going to let her wear jeans and my old jacket, but Grammy wasn’t having that. I was glad, too, because she ended up looking so cute and I think she felt official, too. :)IMG_3557

The first event she participated in was the fashion revue. She modeled her skirt that she made for the fair. IMG_3522

After the fashion revue, it was speech time. She’s so shy and only 7 years old, and I can’t believe she stood in front of that packed out room and gave her presentation.IMG_3565 She did such a great job. IMG_3586

Other members from our club did so great, too.

Our club participants all won blue ribbons, some even won blue rosettes, and our Cloverbuds got thier green participation ribbons. IMG_3616

During the awards ceremony, our club was announced as winning Top Club! The kids were SO excited and so proud to get the trophy! IMG_3639

Such a fun day and although we wont get to participate in Districts (it falls on a day where everyone who qualified has something else going on), knowing we could have is exciting. Hopefully next year, we’ll be able to plan ahead better and make it happen.

So proud of my girl and I can’t wait to see what she does next! IMG_3603

~amw~

No comments: