Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter 2017

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. AYES1097

Blue Run was open, so we decided to spend Saturday and Sunday afternoon down there.

We didn’t spend the nights since it was Easter, so we just drove back and forth.

Sunday morning we woke up to baskets from the Bunny and ate chocolate for breakfast. ;)IMG_8230IMG_8240

This year a church member encouraged all the ladies to wear Easter bonnets like most everyone used to do. I was totally in. My Granny always wore a hat on Easter and all I needed was a little encouragement and the promise of some others doing it too, to buy me up an Easter bonnet. Turns out I was like one of two people who wore a hat. Everyone totally left me hanging. The only thing I regret about the bonnet though, is that I blocked part of my family in our Easter pictures. Ha Ha.

The kids’ choir sang IMG_8265and there was a proud baby brother in the balcony again.  IMG_8254

My little darlings were looking especially precious on Easter Sunday. IMG_8380IMG_8383

After church we headed straight for the riverIMG_8337 IMG_8378IMG_8379and this might be the easiest Easter lunch we’ve ever had, because we just got KFC. AAAX0557After a fried chicken picnic we spent all afternoon swimming and sunning. IMG_8270IMG_8390

That evening, we stopped at Grammy & Pop’s for them to give the kids their Easter treats and when the kids told Grammy they hadn’t hunted a single egg all day, she and Pop hid some around the yard for an impromptu egg hunt. IMG_8387

It was a wonderful weekend celebrating our Savior’s resurrection and all of the blessings that come from Him.

~amw~

No comments: