Monday, August 31, 2009

An Ag. Day

Thursday we did some serious hands-on 'field-tripping' outdoors....but I'll let Belle tell you about it....

Hey! It's Belle here....I'm not "reporting live from my Boppy Bouncer seat" anymore...in case you haven't heard, I'm crawling all over the place. Momma's having to chase me everywhere. It's so fun to hear her say, "No! No!" and I think I'm almost learning what it means...

Momma wanted me to tell about our big day last Thursday.


On Thursday morning, when I woke up
my Momma said that we were meeting my Grammy in Mexico for lunch. It's not really Mexico, but it's the mexican restaurant and we just call it that...My Grammy & Pop will love this picture of me, because they have pictures of my Momma just like this when she was a baby.... Anyway, we met Grammy in Mexico and then Mom & I dropped Daddy back off at the office. On our way out, we saw the horses tied up at the horse lot! They had saddles on them and that meant that Pappy & his crew had been working cows that morning....I've never been up close to a horse, so we decided to walk back there and see them. I was so excited! Daddy said he bet I'd love it if he took off on one of them... I wish he didn't have to go back to work, because I would have loved to see that... Momma, too! Since I loved the horses so much, Momma thought it was a good idea to take me home and change me into something that looked like a "cowgirl" and get her camera and go back to the horses and take pictures of me...




When we headed back home, we saw these little guys...

yep, the boys (and girls) are back in town! This was their first "meeting" down by the tree to make their plans. They heard Momma was dragging out her scarecrows soon and going to start putting up her fall decorations, so they're plotting how they're going to eat what's left of the scarecrows' arms and legs...I heard Momma say that they left her some "presents" on the drive-way, too, and she needed to get the shovel and scrape them off so our garage didn't stink. I don't really know what she meant....

When we got home, I had to take a nap because Momma said we had a big afternoon. We had to go to the lodge to help Pappy & Granny set up for a party. I love parties! My Pappy went to college in Georgia (NO WAY, not at UGA!) he went here:

and on Thursday night some nice people from the college drove down and Pappy had a dinner at the lodge for them and for some of the people around our area who went to college there, too!




Since the school colors are gold and green, I decided to wear a green bow. Here's my Daddy and me.
The whole family was helping and I wanted to do my part, too. Since I'm the youngest in the family, my job is to smile and look cute. Momma says I always do a good job at it. I try to please...

Momma says that we had an ag day for sure. Ag is short for agriculture, or so I hear. I don't really know what it means yet, but something tells me growing up where I live, I'm going to learn.... One thing's for sure, an ag day is a sure way to make me do this....
It was a fun day & I hope we get another ag day real soon. I hope next time we see those horses somebody will take me for a ride on one! I know it wont be my Momma, though....

Love,
Belle

7 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

okay, just stinkin' cute is what that little darling is!!!

Oh, and loved your comment today... the supplies really make the room, don't they? I think they say so much about a homeschooling mother... you know, that she's a pottery barn addict, and loves arts & craft time...

We all survived, praise the Lord! Now I need me some chocolate....

Carrie said...

I love when Belle reports live from an event! The girl is a journalist in the making. Maybe t.v. though not print since she's so photogenic and l-o-v-e-s to smile for the camera!

The picture of her on the horse is my favorite!

Lauren said...

I know someone who would take her!! Her Uncle Adam :)

Stephanie Heintz said...

She looks like a natural cowgirl on that big ol horse. Shes a bigger girl than me, I'm scared of horses! ha.

Anonymous said...

This was such a cute post! :) My little one has a 'Pappy' too.

Heather said...

OH I just love these pictures and her smile is contagious!! Precious!

Janie said...

Hey there, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am new to this and it is so exciting to meet other gals like myself.
I have to ask, where is it that you live? I am originally from Dunnellon, FL. And this post really caught my eye because ABAC is were my husband and I met! I love it there!
Your blog is too sweet...just wait until Miss Belle is in recitals...too much fun! We will have to have a Tuesday TuTu day and post all pics of our gals in tutus!!! And our boys in trucks...bless your heart....God's peace is awesome isn't it?!?! Have a great day sweetheart and I can't wait for us to talk again!