Friday, August 28, 2009

First Comes Love...

Last week at Kelly's Korner, for Show us your Life Friday, it was baby showers....
But, before the baby carriage, comes the marriage... So this week, it's wedding showers.


I have no digital pictures of any of my wedding showers...geez, you'd think we got married in Bedrock or something... digital technology has come a long way in 6 years! Ha...


When DW and I got married we were so blessed to have several wonderful parties and showers to celebrate our marriage. We enjoyed every one of them!!! I wish I had some pictures of them to share....Since I don't, but I do love to host and entertain, I'll share some pics of a couple of the more recent showers I've helped plan and host....These were the three from last year....

We love to host couples' showers, so the groom can come, too---and they are typically a lawn/garden gift themed shower. Last year, we hosted, along with DW's brothers & their wives, a Couples Shower in honor of Sam & Marianne. I fell in love with these invitations....



and to match them, we did everything pink and green. These are the only pictures I have of the shower... I am beginning to see I am a terrible picture taker (unless it's of my children...ha)...


Drinks & Desserts (no pics of the real food, though?!?!?)

We have a sunroom on the back of our house, and we had tables set up in it for the shower... We played the Newlywed Game and it was hilarious...

For favors, we tied seed packets onto garden shovels and everyone grabbed one on their way out....

The other 2 showers I did last year, were lingerie showers... so much fun... The first was for my sister-in-law, who also happens to be one of my BFFs! I'd gotten the idea for a monogram shower out of the Southern Lady magazine, and had been dying to host one for quite some time...so as soon as Adam popped the question, I knew Lauren had to have one! It was so fun to do the monogram/lingerie theme...I wish I had saved one of the invitations... the guests either brought something with Lauren's new monogram on it or lingerie or both... everyone came up with really cute stuff and it was really a fun night...

I had to email Lauren to get some pics of the shower, because I had NONE. I can't believe that....

For food---lots of sweets, all kinds of different pink candies, fruit and some salty snacks...

Instead of a cake, we did chocolate cupcakes with pink icing & served them on a 3-tier server, each tier had one of Lauren's initials on it...

For decorations, we hung Lauren's initials on the three pendant lights above my bar (which I don't have a pic of) and used lots of black and hot pink fabric & tulle. I even found hot pink roses at Fresh Market. (I don't know why this pic is black and white?)
I ordered monogrammed napkins....
We played a "Guess Who" game...guests were asked to bring a pair of panties to hang on the panty line and Lauren had to guess who brought which pair....it served as decoration, too... Ha.. Lauren (before the line was full)...

Favors were heart shaped soaps tied up with black/pink ribbon...

The monogram/lingerie shower turned out so good, that we couldn't not do the same theme for my cousin, Stephanie who was getting married 4 months later!!! Steph's shower was in July at my cousin's house in Georgia. Oh my gosh did we have a great night... We started the evening in Krissy's basement (she has a fully finished basement) where we had tables and chairs set up and my Aunt had decorated so nice---we had dinner there, then the party moved up stairs...

We'd decorated upstairs with black and hot pink... and of course used Steph's initials (and soon to be initial) on everything... We hung her new initials above the bar & above the food table...





We did the "Guess Who" panty line, too....
Like I said last week, showers are so much fun... nothing like celebrating such an awesome time with those you love!

For more showers you can visit Kelly's Korner....

Have a great weekend!

~annie~

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the shovels with seed packets as a favor and the guess who panty line. Too cute!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Cute showers! I like the seed packets too!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

I LOVE the seed packets!! I also love the heart shaped soaps--I am so bad with favors, never knowing what people will actually want and think is appropriately tied to the theme...hopefully I will get better, lots of my friends are about to get married!

The Starr Family said...

Love the seed packets, love the invites... cute adorable all around!

Stephanie Heintz said...

We're all looking at your blog over here stinking amazed at your talent! We wish you were here!! Love you!

Marianne said...

Annie,

Thanks for putting our shower on your blog!!! It was so much fun and SO CUTE. We still reminisce about the newlywed game that we played and how Clay's most loved thing was his "boat" and not Patty and Travis!!!! It was great (and maybe there was no picture of the food, because it was delicious we ate it all first!)

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

as always, your talent amazes me!!!! beautiful showers!

Heather said...

These showers look so cute!! I want you to give me a lingerie shower!! Cute cute cute!!