Monday, August 24, 2009

Peaches & Pals

Is it Monday morning already? Hard to believe another weekend has come and gone....School started today marking the end of Summer vacation for many. (Thankfully we've got a few more years before we will be on the county's time line for summer!)
We soaked up some sun and splashed in the pool both days of the weekend this week...
Saturday morning DW worked in the yard and I helped Carrie paint...Annabelle spent the morning and early afternoon with Grammy & Pop...

Saturday afternoon, when all the work was done, we had some company....

Adam, Carrie & Allie Claire came over for some swim time and we grilled out with them...

Belle splashing

I saw this frog outside the pool. Is he pitiful? DW said it's the chlorine that made him swell up so bad. I've self diagnosed myself as having consumed too much chlorine as well, since my clothes are all getting too tight.....

The girls had fun playing and are so cute crawling around together...Allie entertained us at the dinner table, doing her new tricks... (she 'sniffs' at her Daddy)... too cute!

My mom and dad brought back some peaches when they went up to Beau's last weekend, so I used the ones they gave me to make some homemade peach ice cream... it was a hit with the little girls for sure... Neither of them were happy that their Mommas only let them have a couple tiny bites... It's rough being little...

It's funny that growing up I never liked homemade ice cream very much. The only kind we ever made was PEACH (with the RARE exception that we made 'chocolate frosty'). I don't know if I just got burnt out on it or if it was the time that we used some peaches Granny had canned that were on the shelf in the canning room for probably a decade, and tasted like kerosene that made me not really like peach ice cream anymore. For years I wouldn't eat it. Thankfully, about 10 years ago, I decided to give it another try and have loved it ever since. Good thing, because guess what flavor DW grew up on, too?!?!? PEACH... let me tell you, we are forever having some homemade ice cream around here... mostly peach... sometimes strawberry, but always YUMMY!

Take one of these last few weekends of Summer and spend some time churning some ice cream. It's so worth it. Of course you have to serve it in plastic cups with plastic spoons. (We were out at our house on Saturday and had to use bowls... it just wasn't the same, I'll tell ya)...

~amw~

4 comments:

Stephanie Heintz said...

They are so cute together! How much fun they're gonna have growing up! I bet you make peach icecream just as good as your momma, and I am drooling just thinking about it!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

What a bunch of cute photos! Love the little hat too... I seem to have a thing for sweet baby girls in hats. I just can't resist. I drove my daughter crazy always putting hats on her. But then, she was bald, and I was trying to send the message, "THIS IS A GIRL."

I finally quit, and pierced her ears. Then her hair grew in and it became a non-issue. Ha!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

I LUHVE me some homemade peach ice cream!!!!!!

Crystal said...

How cute are those girls, & don't tell Carrie, but I think our "brunette" friend is lookin a little red in that ice cream picture hahaha!!