Monday, February 14, 2011

The day of LOVE…

I’ve been thinking about love a lot lately.

Three weeks ago, when I had to spend a week training every day for my new at-home job, I was almost overwhelmed by love.DSC_7098

I was feeling especially dramatic and emotional, because every day that week, I had to leave our girl. Add all the changes that were going on into the mix and I was almost at my limit. I don’t really do “change” very well.

I was driving to my training that day, and I realized we’d made it half way through! I celebrated silently and then started to think about how I’d been loved through that week.

I am surrounded by so many people who love me, DW and our children so well.

My momma spent a day she had off work, and even took an extra one off to help keep AB during my training. Both nights I came home to a spotless house, laundry that was washed, folded and put away, and dinner on the table. Momma & Daddy took turns alternating calling and checking to “see how it was going” the whole week. I don’t know what it would be like to be nearly 30 years old and not have parents who still check on me, and I DON’T WANT to know!! :)

My MIL, Kellee, kept AB the rest of the week. She came to the house early on the mornings that AB was still asleep so she wouldn’t have to wake up early. She’s thoughtful like that. DW would go to my in-laws’ every day for lunch and soon after I’d get a text that said, “Kellee said she’s cooking! Don’t worry about supper!” One less thing to worry about that week? YES, PLEASE!!! :) My in-laws are the best and they are so good to us.

On my first day of work that week which was a pretty rough one, my BIL & SIL, Adam & Lauren, showed up at our house, with a prize for me. Prizes are one of my love languages. I think everyone should get one once in a while. So of course it made me feel so very loved and how could it not, since it was the “Glee: Love Songs” CD?!?!?

Then there’s the guy I call, “Honey…” The one who, when I came home crying after my first day, said, “you can quit tomorrow!” --- the one who’d do ANYTHING (and has) to make me feel loved and appreciated. With a husband like him, every day feels like Valentine’s Day…

As I drove down the interstate that morning, tears stung my eyes as I thought about how well I’d been loved that week and that was the reason I’d almost made it! :) As I thanked God for these people in my life, I thanked Him for HIS love that they had shown to me. I love it when God works through others to show His love, and I hope that I do that for others. I thought about all the people who may not have parents and in-laws and a better-half like me. People who may not have family who show them love like I have. That’s the awesome thing about having a Heavenly Father…we ALL have access to Him, and He loves us all the same. We may not all have awesome mommas, daddies, spouses and in-laws, but we can all have Jesus.

While I’ve gotten a good taste of some pretty awesome love, the only perfect love is the Father’s.

 

Today, I’m sure thankful for the love of God and the Valentine He made just for me. Being DW’s wife is one of my life’s greatest joys…the others involve him, too, since he’s the Daddy to my two other greatest joys. :)

I sure hope that today, everyone has a Valentine this side of Heaven, but if not, how sweet that we ALL can have one Who’s on the other side and the greatest of all.

 

I saw this on a friend’s blog and loved it…

(Taken from the Dayspring Website)

A Valentine may play a love song for you, but God sings you the sweetest love song in the universe.

“The Lord your God... will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” - Zephaniah 3:17

A Valentine may give you flowers, but God sent you the most beautiful rose of all. Jesus.

“I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.” - Song of Solomon 2:1

A Valentine may bring you chocolate, but God provides you with something even sweeter, His Word.

“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” - Psalm 119:103

A Valentine may love you for a lifetime, but God loved you before you were born and will love you for all eternity.

“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love...with loving kindness I have drawn you.” - Jeremiah 31:3

He really is the BEST Valentine any of us could ever ask for!

Happy LOVE-day!

DSC_7400

Love,

~annie~