Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Break Part II (Continued…)

On Thursday, AB woke up around 6:30 so excited that Allie & Whitt were coming for the day!

It was still too chilly to break out bathing suits and beach towels, but we did take them down to see the lighthouse and walk on the boardwalk and jetty. DSC_0245



They were just happy to be together and outside, and really didn’t even wonder why we weren’t playing on the beach… DSC_0267

We’d also promised them Chick-fil-A for lunch and that they could play on the playground after. That’s always a highlight for them. It doesn’t take much. (thankfully)

The kids all got a nap after lunch and then we got ready for dinner. We headed out early to beat the crowd to Aunt Catfish’s and still had an hour wait. DSC_0290The kids loved playing on the playset though, and were all so good. 34

After supper, we took them down to the boardwalk to ride on the Ferris Wheel. 37




We wrapped up the evening with Hot Krispy Kremes and a Frozen sing-a-long. 41

On Friday morning Carrie & the kids headed back home. But not before the kids played a game of Disney I Spy…43

Mom & I decided to take the girls back down to Ponce Inlet to the marine science center and check it out. DSC_0369 I am so glad we didn’t miss this! They had several tanks of marine life and even a petting tank where you could pet stingrays and a baby shark. DSC_0306








They also have a great sea turtle display and a sea turtle hospital where they nurse injured turtles back to good health. DSC_0311




The girls loved it all!

We had lunch and then headed back for afternoon naps. DW & my Dad came that afternoon after work.

Saturday morning we walked to the pier for breakfast and for the first time all week we saw the SUN! 42




AB was set on swimming, so we got the girls changed into their swimsuits and they got to swim for a little bit.


After their afternoon naps, we went out for supper2

5 and then back to the condo to watch the Gators play basketball in the Elite 8 games… when they won, we also frantically started booking flights for the guys to Dallas for the Final Four. It was quite the experience and is pretty funny looking back on it. At one point, I had cell phones up to both ears talking to my FIL and my BIL while DW was getting ready to throw my IPad off the balcony. Good times.

Sunday was pack-it-up and head home day. It was cold, which made leaving a lot easier than had the sun been shining! :)

It was a little odd being at the beach and not dragging out one beach chair or toy, but it was still a great way to end our Spring Break. We had lots of fun finding new things to see and do and we all had a great time! DSC_0384


No comments: