Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May Randoms

 

This one. There just aren’t words. He hollers for me every morning now when he wakes up and it has to be one of the sweetest sounds I’ve ever heard. “Maaaaaaaaaammmmaaaaaa! Are you?” He also insists on bringing Mickey & Bull to do the school drop off every morning, too.

IMG_6076

One Sunday afternoon a few weeks back, this crew went to see the new superhero movie. I can’t remember the name of it. The kids and I met them in town and picked up DW to run some errands after the movie, and I snapped this pic.

IMG_6185

We’ve been mattress shopping. This is a HUGE deal for us. DW & I have been married 13 years and we’ve never had a new mattress. We started out on his old full size bed. We moved up to a queen a couple years later when his aunt and uncle gave us the mattress from one of their guests rooms. In all fairness, it probably hadn’t been slept on but a hand full of times, if any, so it was a great mattress, but still, was a hand-me-down. A couple years ago, we graduated to a king that we got from my parents. DW cracked me up in the mattress store when he told the salesman that he’s almost 37 years old and this will be his first ever brand new bed, that even his crib mattress had been a hand me down. Ha! We love a hand me down, don’t get me wrong, but it was exciting to go test them out and pick one out ourselves. It took us a few trips to decide and on one of the trips we had the kids with us. Not the best choice. They were hilarious laying up on all the beds and I was pretty shamed, even though the salesman totally encouraged it. Since I’ve never been mattress shopping, I totally googled how to do it, to make sure you were supposed to lay on the beds before we went. :)

IMG_6190IMG_6191

IMG_6198

You never know what is going to fly through our living room…

IMG_6480

Elmo looks concerned, too.

IMG_6466

Tuckey wants to do everything his daddy does. He’s got big shoes to fill. Both literally and figuratively.

IMG_6231

~amw~

No comments: