Monday, September 6, 2010

River Fun, again….

If I’d stay home longer than 5 minutes, I might be able to blog about what we’ve been up to! Ha…

We spent another few days at the river last weekend and the beginning of this past week. Friday, cousin Stephanie and Willie came down, along with Grace, Michael & Madelyn. We had a fun time playing and swimming. DSC_0040

Grace, Michael, Madelyn, Stephanie, AB & Willie DSC_0018

AB feeding Willie a snack! DSC_0064 

That night, when DW got off work, we went to dinner with my in-laws and to get ice cream after. DSC_0088Speaking of ice cream, that week, DW and I got AB her first “Clown Cone” from Baskin Robins. Lauren and I meant to get her one when we were at the river for the week in July, and never did, so we made sure to do it this time. She loved it, but didn’t really know she could/ or how to eat it! Ha… She just kind of played with it. DSC_0007 Those are the cutest things! If I wasn’t such a clown-hater (hate’s a strong word, it’s really more of a fear…they just give me the creeps…always have), we’d have to have a circus birthday party and have those there!

Saturday our church had Family Fun day at the lodge, so we came home for that. It was great, but I have no pictures!

That afternoon, we all headed back to the river for the rest of the weekend for more fun in the sun! DSC_0049 DSC_0058DSC_0134DSC_0149  AB had the best time playing with bubbles. She’s like most kids, and        L-O-V-E-S them! DSC_0119DSC_0143 Please excuse the fact that my girl’s hair is a wild mess and she’s playing outside in her pajamas… Bless her heart… The funny part about this picture,  is if you look on her side, you’ll see her water pistol holstered in her car strap on her waist. Ha… Daddy taught her that one… he said she was “packin’ heat”… Ha…   DSC_0107

On Monday, everyone headed back to work, but AB and I had a couple more days to play! That day, we’d invited Carrie and Allie Claire to join us and also invited Mandi, her boys, and Lacy and her girls! We had such a fun day! So much so, that I didn’t manage to take ONE picture. Chasing those six kids around took all four of us, so there wasn’t much time for snapping pics! Ha…

I did, however, get a picture of the kiddie pool when I was cleaning up… It looks like the kids had quite the throw down! Ha… I don’t know why it tickled me so much, but it was like the toddler version of a big, wild high school/college party! Ha! DSC_0175

It was so fun to get to spend the day with Mandi & Lacy and all our kids! After they’d gone home, Carrie & AC spent the night with us.

We had dinner on the dock at the Blue Gator DSC_0194DSC_0244and then fed the fish (or as I call it, “called up the snakes”) back at the house. DSC_0251 The girls had fun playing together, as always! DSC_0188 DSC_0193  

It was a fun last hoorah of the Summer at Blue Run and we were glad to get to spend it with some fun friends! DSC_0185~amw~

8 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Love it! Glad y'all had a good weekend at the river again!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Toddler throwdown, indeed! That picture is hilarious! I also love the one of AB and AC's bathing suits hanging on the line...precious. We had a BLAST with you, Carrie, and your girls. You are such a gracious hostess...made us feel right at home. :)

P.S. I have some really funny pictures of you throwing the anchor over the side of the boat. :)

Katie said...

Oh, I just love y'all's girls! You have no idea! Their sweet faces always melt my heart.

And PLEASE, honey, take a million more pictures of that baby girl smiling like she is on the steps! Oh mercy, I am dying! Love her to bits....

Carrie said...

We had such a good time at Blue Run with y'all! Thanks for inviting us. I love all the 'summer' pictures of Annabelle. And that ice cream is something else!!

The Marino Family said...

Looks like you had a great time; I know we sure did. Thanks again for having us down.

Lyndsay said...

Sounds and looks like you have been really busy; in a good way!! I bet AB and Allie have the best time together these days and I can only imagine the things they come up with to say:)

Heather said...

YAY, you posted!!!! Love that AB had her first clown cone!! I love we both hate clowns too, one more thing in common!! You have been busy and having so much fun, I only wish I could join in on the fun!! These pictures are too cute and AB is just a squeezable ball of cuteness!!!

Stephanie said...

We had a great time with you guys!