Friday, October 26, 2012

Peanut Perfection…

My FIL & BILs grew peanuts again this year on the farm. That meant when they started picking them, there were a few weeks where we barely saw them, and when we did they were usually covered in dirt and worn out. They finally got them all dug and almost picked and since I had dragged around about getting the girls out to the fields to get some pictures, we had to do it on the last day of picking during DW’s lunch break.

For waiting until the last minute, I think the pics turned out adorable…

I love this one…DSC_1992my MIL took one very similar of the girls’ Uncle Adam when he was a little boy. It’s the sweetest picture and I couldn’t believe how much this one turned out looking like it…

This is how Mamie feels about the digger breaking down on Pappy or Uncle Adam & Uncle Van’s pickers breaking…

DSC_2117

DSC_2196

DSC_2060

DSC_2139

DSC_2165

DSC_2221

DSC_2247

Little Miss had to bring some of the harvest home… :)

DSC_2262

On the way out of the field, she insisted she wanted to ride with Uncle Adam to pick, but then chickened out and just wanted her picture taken with him… :)

DSC_2276

I’m thankful our children get to experience farm life…Most of the greatest people I know grew up on or around farms.

~amw~

4 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

All of these are SO GOOD! I grew up around farming families and all of them are some of the greatest people I know too. :) Some of my favorite childhood memories are the summer days I spent with my friend at her Granny and Papa's farm.

Anonymous said...

love this!!!but you knew i would!!! nie-nie :)

Carrie said...

Sweet peanut pictures! I love the one of Mamie crying. That's keeping it real and looks strangely familiar :)

Mary said...

It's so good to see you posting again girl! I've missed reading about you...lol. Missed you at the last homemakers meeting too. Hope you can come to mine and Kieran's in a couple of weeks. Sorry to hear about your Granny. I know how hard that is, but it's always a peace knowing we'll see them again one day in Heaven. Love the pics of the girls in the peanuts. TOO CUTE and I've never seen kids pictures in peanuts like that before. See ya soon.