Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cabinet Redo

We just finished up the third phase of our cabinet facelift. This was the biggest section, and included all the kitchen cabinets. It was A LOT of painting! These cabinets, along with coming off of helping my parents paint the exterior of their house has me ready to put away the paint brushes for a while!

We made a trip to Lowe’s for the trim pieces. Tucker loves when Daddy is with us, because that means he can ride the germ-mobile. IMG_1590

Here’s one side of the kitchen BEFORE & AFTER:

IMG_1532IMG_8257

I can’t believe how brighter the house is now and how updated the cabinets make everything else feel…even the fab 1960’s cork floor. ;) Ha. IMG_1535IMG_8255

The last section we have to do is the bar that separates the kitchen and the living room. After we finish that, we’ll pick out some countertops and have them all match.

We have so many cabinets that I even have some that are empty. It’s great when you’re storing stuff, but the downside to that is when the time comes to replace them all, more cabinets mean MORE money. We are putting that off as long as we possibly can, but the 1960’s faux wood laminate finish was driving me crazy. It was so dark and dated.  This was such an inexpensive way to bring new life to our cabinets and DW thinks anything that keeps me from going crazy is WORTH IT. Ha. I love how they turned out and besides the whole having to paint them part, I can’t wait for the next group we do!

No comments: