School starts on Monday and to say it will be an adjustment for all of us is an understatement.
A few highlights-
The only thing we didn't find that day was tennis shoes and a backpack. That called for another shopping trip, but this time DW came with us. We found new shoes and even made a stop at Bath & Body for some "hanitizer" and a backpack buddy to hold it. AB picked out a hippo with a bedazzled tooth. No joke. It had a hairbow, too, so I figure that cancelled the tooth out. :)
We finally found a backpack last week. AB was certain it was perfect since it was purple and it had a matching lunchbox. She won't be at school for lunch, and really doesn't need it, but I couldn't tell her no. :)
- we got her supply list and made a trip one night with Daddy to get those.
After school supply shopping we went to Yogurtology- it's so good and we've been four times since that night. :)
None of us loves it as much as Mamie, though.
- we met up with Carrie, Allie & Whitt last week for a little play date. We've been so busy this summer that we've hardly seen them. Carrie and I always laugh because the girls are just like us and always pick up right where they left off.
After lunch, we went to a park and the kids played for a while...
- Thursday we got a back to school haircut.
That afternoon, while Mamie napped, we sat on the couch and had cookies and punch and watched one of her shows together. If I would have asked her, I'm sure she would have said that was her favorite part of the day. :) Sometimes I try too hard to make things "special" when in reality, all she wants is to just play together or for me to sit with her and watch something she likes. I'm trying to remind myself of this.
- last Saturday we went to Weeki Wachee & Buccaneer Bay.
We saw Kels was home that morning, and invited her too.
- we saw a movie this week with Nie-Nie, Elliot & Warren.
Afterward, we hit Yogurtology (I wasn't exaggerating when I said I'd been four times since our first visit).
- Our school's Back to School Bash was also that night.
- One of AB's favorite things is to help in the kitchen and "make a recipe"- so on Wednesday, we made Kool-Aid playdough and oatmeal M&M cookies.
That evening, the guys went to watch the gators' practice, and we'd planned a girls night with Nen.
We had hoped to get pedicures (at least for Nen & AB), but we didn't take into consideration that everyone else wanted pretty toes for back to school, so both places we tried were packed. Nen treated her to a bag of candy at the candy shop to ease the disappointment.
And what's a trip to Gainesville these days without a Yogurtology stop? (& I wonder why my clothes are getting too tight?!?!) ;)
Yesterday was meet-the-teacher at school. Grammy came with us, too. We got to see AB's classroom and visit with her teachers, Mrs. L & Ms. C. I feel so good about the class she's in and I think it's going to be a great year!
AB was a little shy, and I couldn't tell if she was excited or nervous or what, but when she recounted the day to her daddy that evening, I could tell she was excited.
Yesterday afternoon, I took the girls to meet a couple friends at the bouncing place to play for a couple hours.
AB & Mames are spending the weekend with Grammy & Pop, so I'm sure they'd say that it's the perfect way to end the summer!