The week before Memorial Day, DW saw that no one was on the calendar for the river house, so we decided to go for the long weekend. My Dad had just gotten back the day before from a three week long work trip, so we invited he and my mom down with us.
The rest of us enjoyed the peacefulness of the river, the refreshing cold water and of course, good food.
It was only two weeks later when it was our family’s scheduled summer week. We were all back and forth the whole time, but we had lots of fun soaking up the sun and cooling off in the always freezing cold water. :) And of course, we enjoyed good food.
A few things about this year’s week:
- We celebrated Nie-Nie’s birthday. I made the birthday cake and it ended up looking like Kermit the Frog’s wedding cake, but it tasted excellent. The bottom layer was a rice Krispy treat covered with butter cream icing. What is better than a rice Krispy treat, you ask? A rice Krispy treat with buttercream icing, that’s what. :)
- We ate at the Blue Gator…twice…
- We took our traditional river baths. This year AB got in on the action and had her hair washed in the river for the very fist time. She thought she was BIG stuff!
- She also swung off a rope for the first time.
- We laid out
- We took sink baths. (Well, Mamie & AB did…) :)
- We took silly self portraits…
- We took underwater pictures…
& the last thing we did was…
I saw candy kabobs on Pinterest, so Kellee and I copied those for the party.
Fun times with family and friends- that’s what Blue Run always is for us. No wonder we all love it like we do.