Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ballerina Belle

She’s only had her first lesson, but I think it’s safe to say our sweet girl is going to love dance class!

Yesterday morning the girls and I did our usual Monday running around, which includes a trip to the grocery store.

While passing through the bakery department, I decided to pick up a little cake to celebrate the day. I told AB that very special days deserve cake. I believe that with all of my being. :)DSC_0883

Later that afternoon, while Mamie was napping, AB and I did a little Pinterest inspired project to go along with the ballerina theme of the day. DSC_0888

By mid-afternoon it was time to pack everything up and head to meet Grammy. Even Mamie was dressed in theme…DSC_0965

We couldn’t have such a big day without going by my Granny’s house first! DSC_0942AB was excited to show “Great-Granny” her ballerina bun!

I had high hopes of taking lots of cute pictures outside the studio before her lesson, but the rain dashed those plans. And as soon as I signed her in, she was off to her class.

Mrs. Debbie, the owner of the studio is one of my Mom’s dearest friends. I’ve known her since I was five years old and her daughter, Cyndal, who I’ve known her whole life, will be AB’s teacher. Their family is precious to us and we are so excited that AB is getting to dance at D&D!

Her little class was quite a crew, I didn’t count, but I think there were around ten 3 & 4 year olds!

The Beginning Combo class is an hour long and they do both ballet and tap.

They started out in a circle on the floor and did their stretches. I was so proud of AB and couldn’t believe how grown up she looked sitting in there listening and following directions.

They have a closed circuit camera in the rooms, and the parents get to watch on a TV screen in the waiting area. There’s also a mirrored glass window that all the Mommas were taking turns crowding around trying to get a peek at their girls! I tried to snap a couple pictures with Mom’s cell phone through the window. photo3

Mom and I were just dying- it was so precious!

After a water break mid-way through the class and then a shoe switch, it was time for the tap part of their lessons. photo1

They end the class each week sitting in a circle with prayer time.

It was precious to see, but the more I thought about it last night, the more I loved it. What a witness and example to these little girls – just reiterating to their tender little three year old hearts that you can pray ANYWHERE – even at dance class!

DW came straight over from work and he was able to catch the last few minutes of her class. She was so excited to see Daddy had come, too! I did get to snap one quick picture of her after class…DSC_0953

My Dad was waiting for us at the restaurant and we all had dinner and then cake to celebrate, as AB reminded everyone, “a very special day.”

DSC_0958

An hour of dance is hard work, because this little one was OUT when we pulled into our garage last night! DSC_0962

She woke up long enough to facetime with her Aunt Nen & Uncle Adam to tell them all about dance class and try to facetime her Aunt Kels, and then she was back to bed! :)

~amw~

5 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I am a big believer in having cake on special days, too! :) Annabelle looks so happy in every picture. We are excited because Dillan is going to play soccer for the first time this fall!

Carrie said...

I love it ALL! The cake is precious, and I totally thought you made it. AB looks tickled pink and I know you were :)

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

I love the ballerina girl pictures..and I totally admit when I read the title, I started singing that song by Lionel Richie. Cause there ain't nothin' like ol' Lionel singing that song!! LOL

Mary said...

Congrats to AB on her first night of dance class!

Unknown said...

absolutely precious!!! and i agree all good and great things deserve cake!! let them eat cake!!!