Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bye, Beach - 2016

DW and I have a little mommy-daddy trip planned at the end of the month and school starts in a little over two weeks, so when we heard Pappy & Nie-Nie weren’t going to the beach this weekend, we decided to take our crew on one last beach trip of the summer.

It was also the weekend after a busy week of VBS, so it was wonderful to get to the condo on Friday night and just sit on the balcony and take a deep breath. IMG_3264

Saturday morning came early – our kids sleep in almost every where – except the beach. They were up and ready to go at 6:30.

We decided we’d all load up for our Krispy Kreme run. DW got a new truck this summer, so he wasn’t too excited about the kids eating donuts in it, so we stopped at the park on our way back and had a breakfast picnic. IMG_3292It was the sweetest – all three kids were in their jammies and even though AB was so worried someone would see her, it was precious knowing they’re all still small enough to do stuff like that.

We still hit the beach before the crowd and had the best day. IMG_3313IMG_3339IMG_3426IMG_3355IMG_3448

IMG_3383

My heart was so full watching my little family splash, and laugh and play all morning. There’s never a day that I don’t think about or miss our Cooper, but some days I think more on the “should have” and “would have’s” and that morning I couldn’t help but wonder what life would have been like if he was still here. DW and I had even talked that morning about how his birthday was coming up and neither of us could believe he would be 11 years old this year. I was sitting in my chair watching the girls jump the waves and DW & Tucker playing in the sand and I looked over and out of no where there was a dump truck. It took my breath away. I love sweet reminders and God is so good to give them to me often and when I need them most.

IMG_3403

 

Because it was Saturday, we had the pool to ourselves, too. I went up to lay Tucker down for his nap while DW and the girls swam a little longer. IMG_3455

That night, we tried a new place for dinner. We found it online and they claimed to be Daytona’s best seafood. It was a hole in the wall place, and it was ok, but I don’t ever see us going there again. They had a fan that blew on Tucker the whole time and his hair kept everyone laughing. IMG_3460

We did some shopping after dinner. IMG_3474IMG_3517

The next day we played some more before heading back home. IMG_3549IMG_3531

It’s never fun seeing the summer slip away, but it makes it easier when you can do it together.

~amw~

No comments: